Verifying your package directly with our supplier's reservation system. Depending on the supplier, it can take up to a minute.
The package you requested has been sold out and is no longer available.
This page will now reload.
Call Gala Travels
The package you requested has been sold out and is no longer available.
Terms and Conditions
1. Please double check that all information is correct and that all passenger names are spelled correctly as displayed on the passenger(s) travel documentation (i.e. Passport). Any changes after your reservation has been processed will result in change fees.
2. It is the purchaser's responsibility to ensure that the proper travel documentation and identification (i.e. Passports, Visas, IDs) is had by ALL passengers to gain entry into the chosen destination and entry into Canada upon return.
3. Schedules are not guaranteed and as such flight/package schedule changes may occur as per the travel supplier (Tour Operator/Airline) rules and regulations.
4. Flight/package prices are subject to change after a reservation is made. The travel supplier (Tour Operator/Airline) may choose to change the price of your flight/package after your reservation is made. No adjustment will be made on your reservation to match any new pricing (i.e. If the price decreases, your reservation cannot be adjusted to match the decreased price).
5. All reservations are not guaranteed until ticketed or until your confirmation email booking status says CONFIRMED or OK.
6. This booking is under strict cancellation and change penalties and as such may be 100% non-refundable and/or non-changeable. If travel insurance has not been purchased, it is highly recommended for your protection.
7. Any changes necessary after your booking has been processed will result in additional charges as permitted by the Supplier.
8. Passengers must check in at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time. Proper travel documents will be required for check in purposes. Passengers arriving less then 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure will be denied boarding.
9. Credit card charges for your travel services purchased here will be processed by the travel supplier (Tour Operator or Airline). If travel insurance has been purchased it will be charged by the insurance provider. For car rentals, your credit card number will be required to guarantee the reservation and the charge will be made to your credit card by the rental company when you pick up your car.
10. The Credit Card Holder MUST be one of the Traveling Passengers. The travel supplier (Airline/Tour Operator) will require this credit card to be presented at the time you pick up your tickets at their counter. If the credit card is not presented, you may be required to purchase a new ticket.
11. It is the purchaser's responsibility to read and accept the full website Terms and Conditions as well as the travel supplier Sunwing Vacations rules and restrictions.
Riu Playa Blanca
It’s time to get out there and enjoy the Farallon area of Panama, and you can do just that (and so much more) when you stay at the Riu Playa Blanca Resort. Guests will immediately enjoy the benefit of not having to go off-site to enjoy a good meal; this resort has 4 restaurants that guests will be able to enjoy immensely. Farallon Beach, Santa Clara Beach, Blanca Beach, and Farallon Island are all very close to this resort (an avid beachgoer will be living their dream when they stay here). In order to book a reservation proper at this resort, you are required to be 21 years of age or any older in order to do so.
✓ Chiriqui - This steakhouse is located by the pool. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
✓ Guests are offered a complimentary full breakfast.
✓ Il Palazzo - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine.
✓ Xian - This restaurant specializes in Asian cuisine.
Riu Playa Blanca Things to do
✓ Access to clubs
✓ Beach volleyball
✓ Daily Activities
✓ Evening entertainment
✓ Fitness facilities
✓ Health club
✓ Live performances
✓ Motorized water sports
✓ Offsite tours
✓ Row boats
Riu Playa Blanca Reviews
Stayed there is March what a fantastic experience. The lodging teriffic. The cuisine actually tasty and an excellent variety. I'm certainly thinking about coming back. The amusement was alright nothing teriffic however having two bars in the vecinity makes a difference
You do not have to think!
Service and personnel were marvelous. Establishment offered everything one could want from excellent cuisine to ocean activities. Was there in early April 2015 one year after opening so everything was in awesome state. Suites were kept spotless and in-suite bar filled everyday. Personnel really inclined to attempt to understand english, however for me this wasn't an issue. Only shortcoming was really little shade available. Shore Palm trees are small not offering a ton of shade.
What an excellent vacation. The cuisine, climate and suites were far superior to the testimonials. Do not always believe what you read. If you could not find something on the cafeteria than you were not looking. I do not typically eat a ton of fish however it was absolutely amazing. Climate, yes it was hot however what do you anticipate. You are really not too far from the equator. Suites were quite neat and filled every other day. What more can you ask for. If I had one terrible comment to write it would be about having a washroom closer to the pool bar. You could see folks having an amazing time for hours and not leaving the swimming pool. Seriously who does that. Anyway excellent vacation!
Do not believe the negative reviews! This is a wonderful Property. The suites are well assigned, excellent scenes of the shore. Kept quite neat and well filled every day. Tip the housekeepers folks! They work very tough to make your stay pleasant. Many selection at the cafeterias and the steak and chicken at the steak grill restaurant were tasty. The "peaceful adult" pool was okay. Do not know if I'd venture into the pool bar pool since, like other hotels, some folks never get out, yet resume to drink all day! We never came across aggressive merchants near the ocean. If they were there, they respected your privacy and didn't bother you. They honestly had some really pleasant towels, hats, carvings, and so on. To sell at really justifiable prices. Love my sandstone Turtle. The climate was a pristine 30 degrees and no humidity. Folks exaggerate about how far you gotta walk to get to a washroom from the shore or to get to a lift from your suite. Took all of four minutes, if that. We attempted to take the stairs as much as possible so we could work off all of the calories from the tasty cuisine. I'd certainly stay in this hotel again. Two thumbs up!
We had an amazing time!
Before we reserved our holiday we did a whole lot of research. We read the testimonials, both great and terrible, and agreed to book. We have Now come home and thought that we'd post our review, for what it's worth. The fact that sunwing insects into an airport 10 minutes away from the Riu Playa Blanca is a serious bonus. The transportation from the airport to the resort was fast and straightforward. We were met at the resort with a welcome drink and were promptly handed our suite cards. The suite was roomy and contemporary. We discovered the personnel for the most part to be welcoming, approachable and courteous. The swimming pools were tidied every morning -- we watched as they were being tidied. Our accomodations were tidied daily, with fresh towels given and beverages refilled in the suite as needed. We never used the bar in the suite. The cuisine at the cafeteria was better than majority of the a la carte restaurants. There is certainly something for everybody. If we had a criticism about the cuisine, it was that we found it to be a little bit on the salty side. We didn't have any problem booking a la carte restaurants at all. Yes, there is a line up at 7:00 AM., however by 7:30 AM. There is no line up at all. We felt that the evening entertainment was a step up from what we have experienced at other hotels. If we had a criticism at all, it would be that we'd have enjoyed English talking cnn in the suite. As a whole, we had an amazing time and would not hesitate to suggest the Riu Playa Blanca.
Wonderful new Riu Property - excellent potential
There is a new international airport nearly completed just a few kilometers away. This will be excellent since the 2-hour lift from Panama City is a Long one. Reiterate on beer and water in your shuttle and a washroom break when you do this vacation. Otherwise, this is a common Riu Property in a rather undeveloped area. Riu always does an amazing job on cuisine and service. However if you are looking for local flavour, you are a tiny bit stretched since there is very little around outside the hotel. Yet. My bet is that in six years this area will be completely developed and will be an excellent destination. I do plan on coming back since the shorelines are excellent and a visit to Panama City and the Canal and rain forest jungles are totally worth it.
It is a Riu/ it is all about making your own fun
A ton of the other testimonials state the same evident and yes. Correct things about the hotel. No need for me to repeat that. I have travelled very much and have Now stayed at 3 different all-inclusive Riu hotels. All of which were excellent stays. Even if things were never "pristine"
Let's start with the cons as that is what folks are interested in. These aren't deal breakers for me as I really had an amazing time. I never dwell on the small stuff. I like having fun and I make my own fun and never rely on the hotel to provide that for me. It is what I consider a home base as I believe all folks should at some Point throughout there stay honestly leave the hotel and see some of the Country.
*many security and personnel around, yet when an issue arises they appear to not care or are really unwilling to help out with the position at hand. * I'm Canadian and not from Le Quebec. There are a ton of French at the hotel. Enough said about that. * the sea is not optimal to swim in. Also nobody appeared to ever be doing any of the free ocean activities. Turns out the motorized sports personnel are really unhelpful and do not honestly want you to do any of the water activities. * finding the area to book an excursion is situated on the main foyer floor, but way back in a Hidden café/bar. Also only 4 excursions to pick from and just attainable on certain days.
* I'd guess it's about 30% families! 0% 22-35 age group
And the rest are. Well older Couples. * only two small stores at the hotel. 1 sells presents and clothes and the other is overall necessities and liquor and cigars.
To all the bar staff. A shout out to donny and his brother donal, to michael, edwardo, eumberto, carlos and those not pointed out. You work very tough and really have fun making beverages and socializing. Thank you for also teaching me some new Spanish words. Rumba rumba! The amusement is different nighly. Tuesday night shore party was a blast and also the Greece performance and it was always humorous to see other resort visitor up on stage playing some games. Throughout the day, it is all about the adult pool if you are a large drinker. A shout out to mike who is the main day time swimming pool area activity person.
Most resort workers love there jobs and are always really courteous and happy to see you having a wonderful time. The suites are large, spotless and contemporary with a pleasant large washroom. Random notes:
Rather then taking a trip with a bunch of other folks, take a cab from the hotel and have your taxi driver take you around all day to where you would like to go. They're courteous folks. Just be aware that they do not talk much English so brush up on your Spanish and it will be an entertaining time. My sister and I did this one day and went to the Canal, old Panama City, new Panama City and a large local fish market. Amongst other small pit stops along the way. The cabs play excellent party music so the Drive does not appear Long at all. And it fees just about the same as a trip and you technically get to do and see much more.
Also if you are Canadian you should stop by woody's bar. As it is owned by Canadians. It is a 20 minute taxi lift from the Riu and there are some clean little stores along the way that you can stop at and get some pleasant gifts. The cuisine: it's cuisine. I do not ever go to an all-inclusive and anticipate a 5 star meal. It did not make me ill. So that is a large plus. The main TV bar is an excellent spot. Its just so difficult to stay away from the tacos and cheese when you are wasted at 2 AM
Beyond that. I met excellent folks, the hotel is large, however not too large and it is simple to navigate around without getting lost. There is just so much more to do in Panama then to be concerned about the cuisine options, grabbing a lawn seat and washroom locations. Have a blast and enjoy the pristine climate daily. I love Panama!